The Rigging Company is back on the race course again and this time stepping up its sponsorship. We are proud to announce that we are the Platinum Sponsor of The 2018 Rigging Company J24 & J22 East Coast Championship. This event takes place in late October, 10/26-10/28. The venue is at one of Annapolis’s top sailing clubs, Severn Sailing Association.
J/24 East Coast Championship will be held Oct 26-28 (Fri-Sun) 2018, celebrating 40 years of this event.
J/22 East Coast Championship is back and will be held Oct 27-28 (Sat-Sun) 2018
We are expecting 60+ boats for both fleets and there are still spots left!
So if you’re on the fence…
WORLD CLASS RACING ON THE CHESAPEAKE BAY!
- Three Days of Racing Scheduled for J/24s & Two Days of Racing Scheduled for J/22s
- 25 J/24s Currently Confirmed!
- World Class Competition w/ many teams recently competing at J/24 Worlds, J/24 Nationals and J/24 North Americans
- Dock Talks with Your Favorite Pros!
Registration is open and more info is available at j24j22eastcoastchampionship.com We look forward to hosting you in Annapolis!
-J/24 Fleet 8 & J/22 Fleet 19
BEST REGATTA PARTY AROUND AND THE BEST VIEWS IN TOWN!
- THE BEER TRUCK IS BACK!!!
- Enjoy local favorites–freshly shucked oysters and MD Crab Soup!
- Saturday Night Dinner for You & Your Crew
- DANCING & ANNUAL FLIP CUP TOURNEY UNDER THE TENT
- Send-Off Cookout Sunday Afternoon
…And, this year, we’re introducing a SPOOKY TWIST — SATURDAY NIGHT HALLOWEEN COSTUMES-ENCOURAGED PARTY! And, you can’t have a costume party without a costume contest, right? So dust off your old favorites, brainstorm the funniest outfit for your skipper and may the best teams win!
We can’t wait to host you and your team at Severn Sailing Association for an incredible weekend of fun–on and off the water!
LOOKING FOR CREW OR INTERESTED IN CREWING?
Crew is available! Click here for the J24 Fleet 8 Crew Finder on Facebook.
If you are looking for crew or want to crew on a J/24 or J/22 for ECCs, let us know. We are looking to match up every interested boat and sailor that wants to join us for another great weekend of the East Coast Champs!
A WORLD’s QUALIFYING EVENT
TWO J/24 2019 WORLDS BERTHS AVAILABLE!!
Two berths are available for the 2019 J/24 Worlds in Miami next October! The top District 6 finisher and the top Northeast Regional finisher, who have not previously qualified, will receive a World’s berth. This is a great late season opportunity for everyone in the Northeast region! Register today
THE RIGGING COMPANY TEAM WILL BE STANDING BY!
The event promises 3 days of some of Annapolis’s most competitive sailing along with one of the best places in the US to sail in fall, the Chesapeake Bay. Some of this year’s perks will include:
- TRC will be offering pre and post event mast stepping and boat set up/ break-down assistance. Scheduling is required. Please use our Online Work Request Form, call us at 443-847-1004, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TRC will also have two staff members standing-by at the end of each race day to help provide racers with any necessary rigging related products and services.
- TRC will also be standing by all weekend with the TRC service truck and will offer extended hours just for the regatta. Please use our Online Work Request Form, call us at 443-847-1004, or email email@example.com for any during regatta emergencies.
- There are also some very courteous locals that are opening their homes for free housing and boat storage to out of town race competitors. Please note: due to limited availability housing and storage will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Contact the fleet leader, Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-600-1182 for info.
- As usual there will be some festivities Saturday and Sunday including plenty of food, and one of my favorite parts, there will be beer on tap daily.
THE RIGGING COMPANY WILL BE STANDING BY WITH 1 BRAND NEW SETS OF J22 AND J24 MAIN AND JIB HALYARDS. ASK OUR STAFF ABOUT THE REGATTA SPECIAL!!!
Here’s A Fun Little Video to Help Get You in the Mood..
We Hope to See You On the Water!